Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I have been lost.

Saturday night I lost my internet, after over an hour of talking to tech support people and changing wires and pressing this and that and resetting this and that, they worked out it was a problem with the exchange, so nothing to do until Telstra fix it up at their end. Today is Wednesday and it has only just been fixed and I am able to access the internet at home again.

I was really surprised as to how much I rely on the internet without realising it, so many times over the last 5 days I thought "I'll just check that on the internet" then "no I wont, its not working" Simple things like the weather pages for how hot it got today or how hot it is going to be tomorrow, or what's on the TV tonight, even recipes, and then there is the internet banking and checking on my favourite sites and blogs to see who's been up to what, all these things that I have started to take for granted, its a bit like in a power failure when we still (out of habit) turn the light switches on and expect it to light up the room.

What do you do on the internet that you take for granted.

4 comments:

Kazz said...

great to see U are finally back online and great so see some pics of the phone chats we have had.

mum
XOX

Vanessa said...

Yes now you can see what I have been telling you about

Scarecrow said...

You asked...
" What do you do on the internet that you take for granted."

My answer is BLOG! LOL


and like you weather and banking.

Although it's worse when the power is off and I can't even access my on-computer calendar with all my planting info...eek!

We had a similar outage happen over Xmas...we blamed a storm that resulted in power-loss...we're back on line but our home network still isn't working properly.

Vanessa said...

Hi Scarecrow, isnt it funny how, we dont notice how much we use something until it isnt there for us to use anymore