Friday, July 16, 2010

Rain = Weeds = New mower

Well I'm not sure if this year is a wet year here, or if I am just really not used to winter with rain after spending three years up near Pt Augusta, but everything seems to be rather soggy around here.

The weeds are absolutely loving it, so much that we decided that we would buy ourselves a ride on lawn mower to try to keep it under control, so as owners of a John Deer we are now propper country people!!! LOL!!!! It has definately made things a lot easier, taking just over an hour to do most of the yard, which I think we spent close to that doing the little bit which is out the front with the normal mower (and almost killing the poor thing).

Now our huge patch of weeds could almost (well with squinted eyes and a lot of imagination) pass as a nice lawn area (well green and tidy area).

Since I last posted I have put in the citrus trees (Eureka Lemon, Washington Naval orange and Lemonade) These were planted around the 12th June, I am hoping that they have not been affected too much by the few frosts we have had or the few windy storms that have come through, I am looking forward to spring when they will hopefully start to grow nicely.


You can see from the pictures that the weeds are growing really quickly, and this photo was taken about a month ago. I also got the apple (Granny Smith) planted last week, now to get the Moorepark Apricot and the Elberta Peach inthe ground.

No comments: