Monday, February 18, 2008

The joys of chooks

Well the garden isnt really doing too much, well I have let the veggie patch die, the tomatoes were just not earning their keep, I stripped the corn plants and got a few ears of corn, so that was good, and I have given up on the pumpkins after I had only seen male flowers (serves me right for trying to save seed from bought butternut).

So seeing I dont have any good news from the veggie patch I thought I would share some pics of my chooks. This arvo when I went to collect the eggs one escaped out of their house then another, usually I would chase them and put them back in, but tonight I couldn't be bothered and let them go, the hadn't been out for a while (they had to be "supervised" to make sure they didnt sneak off to the veggie patch). Off they went to the lawn (which is slowly recovering, with the help of all the water from the washing machine)........


and this dirt must be special, because they all want to be in the same little bit.....



I was going to put another video in but that one took forever to upload, so maybe next time. (This is my first time of posting a video, so let me know if there are any issues with it)

and this is that patch of lawn after they had finished with it.....




No comments: