Sunday, December 7, 2008

Just a little garden update

It is a lovely day here today, blue sky, sunshine, a light breeze and the temperature is probably in the mid 20's. Could be a little cooler for doing work in the garden but still nice all the same. I have just been out in the garden and put stakes in to tie up the Black Russian and Cherry tomatoes and the capsicum. There is already a couple of capsicums on the bush as well as little cherry tomatoes and a couple of Black Russian tomatoes, one of which is starting to colour up. The Big Beef tomatoes seem to be going well, also with a few tomatoes around the place, I'm not sure if these will need staking or not because I have read that they are a bush variety, we will wait and see.

In amongst the tomatoes I have planted a few seeds of Stars and Moons watermelon from Green Harvest, I dont know hoe they will go with the tomatoes but again we will wait and see, I am trying to keep all that needs a fair amount of water all together, not only to save water but also time and effort when it comes to watering.

I really cant believe it is the end of the year already, I had hoped to have the garden in a much better state than it is, hopefully after Christmas I wont have to go away as often for work and I will be home a bit more and can start to organise things a bit more. I really do have to start to organise my seeds and actually get them in the ground and growing, they really wont do much sitting inside around the place.

No comments: